School Vision / Aims
At Wells Primary School, we strive to ensure that every child enjoys a happy, fulfilling and successful education within a safe, nurturing environment.
Conscientious, committed staff endeavour to make every child feel equally valued and cherished so that they are well-placed to learn and achieve. Alongside strong pastoral support, high expectation is central to the ethos of the school - if we are going to do a job, we are going to do it properly. All employees are expected to share this commitment to excellence. Enthusiastic teachers and support staff aim to motivate and inspire children with a well-delivered, interesting curriculum.
An equally committed governing body works closely with the headteacher, senior management and other staff to challenge and support the team in its mission for excellence. The Governing Body works effectively towards a common goal – to provide the best possible opportunities for Wells’ pupils.
Another key principle of Wells is to work closely in partnership with parents and carers and provide a welcoming environment. The headteacher has made this a key priority and aims to actively involve parents/carers in the pupils’ education wherever possible.
We encourage Wells’ pupils to:
- Work conscientiously and strive to achieve their best;
- Develop confidence yet remain modest;
- Be kind and supportive to others and be generous of spirit;
- Show respect and value diversity;
- Demonstrate excellent standards of behaviour;
- Enjoy life and seize opportunities;
- Value and protect the environment;
- Be proud of their school;
- Prepare for the next stage in their education.
We expect Wells’ staff to:
- Treat each child equally and value their contribution;
- Provide a secure, caring and mutually respectful environment;
- Inspire children with well-prepared, exciting learning opportunities;
- Set high standards and expectations for themselves and the pupils;
- Maintain excellent standards of behaviour;
- Celebrate children’s achievements - academic, social and sporting;
- Give children opportunities to develop their skills and interests through extra-curricular clubs and activities;
- Encourage a strong partnership between home and school;
- Show a commitment to continuous learning and professional development;
- Demonstrate diligence, team spirit and commitment for the benefit of the pupils.
We are aware that today's children are tomorrow's leaders and recognise our responsibility to help prepare them to become the decision makers of the future. Each month, teachers and pupils explore a different theme during PSHCE lessons, assemblies or at other appropriate times. The emphasis is on encouraging children to become independent thinkers who understand their roles as citizens of a school community but also of a wider, national and global arena.